Question

Sonos ARC

• 14 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I see delay after delay for my Sonos Arc ordered July 17, 2020 from August to September to October.  What gives? Is Sonos still committed to production? Are they just too full of orders or too few.  Should I cancel my order and look for another Dolby Atmos Soundbar for my new LG OLED TV? Anyone? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge

There are multiple theories I’ve seen regarding the Arc inventory shortage…  One is that there is a shortage of parts and labor where the Arc is made.  The other is that there is a chance that Sonos has paused production to make changes to fix the initial woes of the Arc.  Either way,  there is a long lead time for shipping...I’ve still got a month to go before my new Arc ships according to my order status.

-JR 

There are multiple theories I’ve seen regarding the Arc inventory shortage…  One is that there is a shortage of parts and labor where the Arc is made. 

This is definitely part of the issue, as this is occurring for many consumer products, including many of Sonos other speakers.  Sonos also stated a few months back that they were reducing the size of their inventory in order to lower costs. Not sure if this policy has since changes since they aren’t able to keep up with demand.

The other is that there is a chance that Sonos has paused production to make changes to fix the initial woes of the Arc. 

I had not heard that rumor before.  That would explain why the Arc shipping date is further out than other products, but another explanation is that there is significantly more orders for the Arc.

Either way,  there is a long lead time for shipping...I’ve still got a month to go before my new Arc ships according to my order status.

-JR 

Hi. I just looked at the quarterly call transcript from 5 Aug and it seems they have high demand across several products and plan to catch up in their fiscal Q4.  https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2020/08/06/sonos-inc-sono-q3-2020-earnings-call-transcript.aspx

I think they did this with the Beam.  Pump up the interest by making a smaller quantity while great reviews were heard and then experienced a long delay of more orders and interest pumped up sales and Sonos knew they had a thing.  Kind of smart if you ask me