Move does not work on Bluetooth out of the box

• 19 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Received a Sonos Move for Christmas while camping. As I did not have wifi was unable to use the move for the entire 2 week trip which was very disappointing as I wanted to use it on the trip (had a premium speaker that was useless). There was no disclaimer that the move needed wifi before could be used as a bluetooth speaker on the box. Could this requirement be changed to prevent this happening to other users. Now that I have returned home and set it up an very happy with the product, sound quality  and can not wait to take it on my next trip.   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @ChrisBaker.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

We highly appreciate all your feedback and suggestions, and I agree that the Move must be set up on a WiFi network before it can be used as a Bluetooth speaker. I understand that you prefer to use the Move as a Bluetooth speaker without setting it up first using WiFi, I will log this as a feature request ad pass it along with the team. The development team is monitoring this community and listening to your feedback. 

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be glad to send them up for you.