Gift Card Nightmare

• 12 July 2021
  • 1 reply

There is no place to use gift cards at online checkout.  I called to make a phone order and was told they cannot apply the gift card because the item was on back-order. The best Sonos could do was tell me to buy the product at full price, then call back when I the product is delivered, and then Sonos will apply the gift card and issue me a refund - an entirely convoluted process that puts customer service, convenience and satisfaction last. As such, I asked that the purchaser of the gift cards be refunded and they continue to give me a run around, telling me to call and email different people each time I ask for a refund.

Dear Sonos - If you’re not going to honor gift cards, don’t sell them. If you’re not going to make them easy to use, don’t sell them. If you’re not going to help your customers who buy your very expensive products, don’t sell gift cards.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @NSM1984, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the trouble you’ve had trying to place your order - I’ll be happy to pass on your feedback regarding using gift cards via the website, as well as using them with back-ordered devices.