Feature request: Do not turn on Roam when opening app

Hi, 

I know there are a bunch of topics that answer this question but it would be amazing if when you turned off the roam it would NOT turn back on when opening the app. The amount of times I’ve gone to use it and its dead is kind of silly but very frustrating. I've never used another product that when I turned it off it would turn back on without me specifically doing so, let alone die from battery use. 

To me, this feels like a critical flaw and should be hot fixed given it can make the product unusable via a dead battery. 

But otherwise, love your other products! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You are just putting the Roam to sleep. If you want to turn it off completely, press and hold the button for five seconds until you hear a chime. When powered off completely, the Roam will not turn on automatically when you open the Sonos app.

Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I had seen it on another thread stating that foregrounding the app would turn it back on, even if you turned it off and didn’t put it into sleep mode.

I have been turning it off by holding for 6-7 seconds and when I go back to it a few days later or a week, I then can’t get it to turn back on, if its truly off it should turn back on. I’ve never had a product that is so finicky when turning off / on and holding a charge. I wonder if there is something wrong with my unit because I can’t believe that software implantation would be causing battery drain if the unit is actually off when holding the power button.