Are any Sonos products manufactured outside of China?

• 23 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Sonos is promoting their corporate environmental credentials but, it appears I can't buy a Sonos product made in a state that has global leading environmental credentials, why?

3 replies

Yes.  Sonos moved some of it’s manufacturing  to another location is the Pacific region, I want to say Malaysia but I could easily be wrong,  after President Trump started using tariffs with China.  I don’t recall which products.

But the answer to why…. Sonos, like soooooo many other companies, has manufacturing in China so that they can remain competitive on costs.

Curious to see where the ‘global leading environmental credentials’ stat comes from.  I don’t doubt that China is ranked poorly, but curious to see where other countries rank and how the ranking is compiled.

Aren’t some products/components manufactured/assembled in Poland and/or the Netherlands too. (Not sure🤔?)

I would have thought with the current World chip shortage that manufacturers have to get their device components wherever they can, to meet the growing customer demand …and being able to re-use/recycle all the materials, including packaging is a good thing aswell in the longer term and it seems Sonos are rather ‘friendly’ with these things compared to some other companies out there.

The recent CEO announcement clearly shows an intent by Sonos to do even more to become carbon neutral …that’s the right way to go.👍

Personally, I am more concerned about human rights issues than environmental issues, but it’s a matter of opinion I suppose.