Question

support multiple series

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I have series 1 setup at my home.  Haven’t updated as multiple products are not supported on S2.  I have a second home that I want to create a new set up with newer products.  I run my system from my I iPhone with the S1 app.  How do I use one phone for S1 and S2 support?  

5 replies

Just download both applications, and run the appropriate one in the appropriate location, it will ‘just connect’ to your system. 

On rereading your question, you should be aware there is no ‘connection’ between the two systems. Changes made in one location (on one operating system) will not be reflected in the other, for Sonos. If you’re playing a third party playlist, though, any changes to that playlist on other people’s servers should be picked up by both S1 and S2.

Thanks for that clarification.  

I an trying to setup my Play 5 S1 speakers after to a move to another location and network. The S1 product setup process shows three button schemes to be pushed, my Play5s do not have that button, how can I possibly go forward. Also they say to have your app S1 on the same network, but there does not seem to be any network setting when you first go in.  Thanks in advance

If I remember correctly, you need to push the play and pause buttons on the top of the PLAY:5 gen 1. The only two buttons in the top of the device, and if memory serves, the front ‘rocker one is pushed towards the second button, so that both are depressed at the same time. This should be in the S1 client, I’d think, as one of those three button schemes you speak of. Or, you could call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

The controller app on your device needs to be on the same network as the speaker. Easiest to set up initially if you plug the PLAY:5 in to your router with an Ethernet cable for initial setup. You can always remove the cable later and move the speaker, if desired.