Question

Spotify playlists on new app update iphone

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I updated my apple devices to the new app update today 5/7/24 and my Spotify playlists no longer all display. Before the update I could see all of my Spotify playlists but now they stop at “K”, the list is sorted alphabetically, so I can’t see any playlist that starts with letters A-J. It seems like Spotify now has a limit of total playlists which it didn’t have before. My playlists are searchable but when I go to my Spotify playlist screen it only displays playlist beginning with letters K-Z. Please help.

I don’t have a lot of playlists either. Easily under 100, probably 50-75.

Can I somehow just revert back to the previous app version?

Looks like Spotify has a limit of 50 playlists in the new app design. I knew I shouldn’t have updated until I had to but I did anyway. 

Moderator edit: combined posts

8 replies

Allowed Sonos to install the new app on my devices and now I cannot access all my Spotify playlists. I do not have that many songs in the individual lists but the scroll stops at 50 playlists on all devices which makes me think this is deliberate. Hope I am wrong.

Makes no sense that the old app would allow total access to Spotify playlists and the new app would limit access to an arbitrary number that is not data driven. As I said, I hope I am wrong. if not, what is the point in having a platform that does not allow access to your data and information or throttles it to such an extent that it ruins the experience. 

Same here, only 50 playlists from Spotify.

The simple fix is to play/control your Spotify music on your Sonos system using the Spotify app. Click the speaker in the music bar at the bottom of the page in Spotify and select your system speakers and play your music. No need for the Sonos app although it will still show up on Sonos same as before while playing. 

Userlevel 1

Sonos should fix this asap! Why make the app worse? What was the point????

I have similar troubles. Also, now in a single Spotify playlist you can scroll only small amount of songs from the very beginning of the list. The rest of the list cannot be even seen because scrolling stops with “something went wrong. Please try again” error which just keeps on going in the app. You can’t then play anything, until you close and reopen the app and try to play something other, shorter playlist than your own Spotify playlist. it’s unbelievable that I was able to play the same list in old app but not in this new app.

Furthermore, the app tries to play music in totally different Sonos One speakers I already chose to be right ones - I tried to regroup the speakers, but that doesn’t help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the this messy app just repeats errors in the latest iOS.

Very frustrating to realise that after every update this app becomes more worse. Now even there’s 30 seconds lagging while pushing any button in the app and then the app just messes up the whole listening experience, if even anything starts to play. And lovely, 2 hrs waiting for chat support which can’t solve the issue at all… just asking to make a call next day - this is not the same product and experience that I bought with big amount of money with great pleasure. This has become for me like customer’s nightmare. I still want to believe that there should be fix for this though my hope is very tiny.

Please, Is there any wise and helpful people who could solve this? I don’t know what to do correctly to avoid causing any more troubles… And please, Sonos, fix this problem.

Userlevel 2

I’ve been patiently waiting for Sonos to correct the access and ability to make/alter playlists.  I haven’t seen anywhere that they intend to do it.  They are keenly aware that so many users are baffled that this functionality would be omitted.  Was it intentional?  I have been on chat with Sonos and they literally disconnect.  

Would Sonos please answer the question. Is there an intention to add back these functions?

To cbb:  This will not solve the Spotify playlist issue on this thread ( just use the Spotify app to play your music through Sonos for now) but I suggest you delete and reauthorize your music account on the Sonos app and check for the most recent Sonos updates on your Sonos system. Sonos app - Manage - System Updates - Check for Updates.  I have done both and the only issue it has not cleaned up is the loading of Spotify playlists beyond 50. Good luck.