Question

Speaker Balance missing on new app

Hello.

I have downloaded the new app, but can't find where speaker balance settings.  This used to to be under the EQ settings, under setting.  There is base, treble, loud but no balance.  Do you know where it is?

17 replies

Ok, just found it. Bear with me while I find it again, but basically it is in the same place as before , under bass and treble in the room EQ settings. 

From the’Your System’ screen, click on the gear wheel in the upper right corner.

Click on the room that you want to adjust the balance in.

Click on EQ

The third slider down is left and right. 

If I were to guess, having just reread your question, you were looking at a room that wasn’t set up as a stereo pair? Or perhaps you’ve uncovered a bug?

Hello Bruce

Does not seem to be there for me.  See pic

I happen to be using an iPad, here’s a screenshot:

Let me check my iPhone.

Really strange,

Looked on my iPad and its not there either!!!

Fortunately they have not updated the app on the Mac and I can access the balance from there.

Here it is on my iPhone:

Are you sure you’re looking at a room that has two speakers?

Interesting to note, the ‘bubble’ at the bottom has no reflection of the room you’re actually looking at, which I noticed after I posted. 

I see a balance control on my iPhone and iPad for a stereo pair… see attached images from those controller devices.

Bruce

yes set for pair.

I removed the pair.  Then left it a minute.  Repaired the speakers and balance still missing :(

I bet the confusion is the ‘bubble’ doesn’t reflect the room being shown, it’s a different ‘room’. And there isn’t anything on the screen to show you which room you are looking at, just that you’re looking at EQ. Which makes it easier to think you’re looking at the room listed in the bottom ‘bubble’, which you may not be. 

@Simonlh , that’s really odd. Especially as it appears to be working for both @Ken_Griffiths and me. I’d suggest you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Bruce

Will do.  But it did work before the latest app update and if I go into the Mac version of the app, the balance is still there.

Simon

Understood, which why I think it is either a bug, since Ken and I both see it, or some misunderstanding due to the odd labeling that shows a ‘room’ at the bottom for ‘now playing’, but not a ‘room name’ that you’re looking at the EQ for. Which really makes it harder to make assumptions when a screenshot is taken, there really is no indication of what ‘room’ is being looked at. Just the ‘now playing’ room, which may or may not be the same room. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Bruce

Will do.  But it did work before the latest app update and if I go into the Mac version of the app, the balance is still there.

Simon

What device though? It has to be stereo capable for Balance to show up (so paired speakers, an Amp, etc).

This gets even stranger if the pair is a Group member.