Answered

Sonos voice pouts?

Does sonos voice pout?  I feel like it is a petulant brat.  As long as it is able to comply with my command, it remains eager to serve.  As soon as it cannot, it just ignores me.  These are not complex demands.  They are things like “Hey sonos, play Jazz.” I know it is still listening because I can see the little green light winking on the speaker (Beam).  After it pouts for awhile, sometimes overnight, it will cheerfully begin responding to my requests again.  Restarting the app and even deleting and reloading voice does not solve the problem.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 May 2024, 06:56

View original

3 replies

Yes.  Sonos Voice will pout.  It will continue to pout until you ask it what’s wrong.  Then it will inform you that you should already know what’s wrong.  As you’ve already discovered, it will forget the whole incident by the next morning.

But seriously, while it may not literally pout, it does tend to just shut down when it can’t do something.  Sometimes it will literally tell me “Sorry, don’t understand.”  Then it just quits working.  

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and caledl Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.