SONOS SKILL FOR AMAZON ALEXA APP

• 8 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I’ve had all of my Speakers working flawlessly with the Alexa app even though it’s not been available here in Australia I obtained it through the US App Store.
Basically I want to know if anyone has an idea when Sonos will finally release the skill for sonos for the Alexa app so us aussies can finally put to use what we paid good money for to begin with.
I understand they brought out the sonos one with Alexa etc etc and yes we all realised it’s no good unless your in a country that actually has it working , News flash sonos we have amazon and Alexa working just fine and have done now for a few weeks.
Wouldn’t you think that they could have moved a bit faster and released the skill here as of FEBRUARY 1 to coincide the the launch of Alexa and all her gadgets.
We can get the flash Aussie accent and new Aussie skills here finally but honestly who really cares I no I’m not interested at this point in time I much like a lot of others out there - all we want is the damned speaker to live up to all of the hype and for SONOS to get its act together and finally give us all a reason to remain faithful to the brand and not just call it quits sell it all and go back to BOSE.
1. SONOS one and all SONOS speakers will work fine with Alexa if you have a US App Store account here in AUS and any amazon Alexa devices like a dot etc - very basic things mostly music etc but 100% fine - and its great I will admit it.

2. A’s soon as you disable the US Account and return to your aus account the skill within Alexa app is no longer available
“ meaning - even though we now have Alexa up and running in aus and can finally set our address and the lot - we cannot access sonos because sonos has not made there skill available for use here as of yet so basically if you stick with the Australian side for now then your outta luck on using the speakers but if you revert back to the us account then your fine you can use the speakers.

ONLY ISSUE HERE IS IS IT IS NOT SO STRAIGHT FORWARD TO BYPASS APPLES STRINGENT POLICIES AND SIMPLY OPEN A US ACCOUNT IN THE APP STORE ITS ACTUALLY A PAIN IN THE BUTT BUT IF YOU WANNA USE SONOS THEN SORRY THIS IS YOUR ONLY OPTION UNTILL THEY RELEASE THE HAND CUFFS AND FINALLY LET US USE WHAT WE ALL PAID FOR AND CMON THE SPEAKERS BEEN OUT FOR SALE FOR 3 MONTHS OR SO NOW ITS A LITTLE EMBARRASSING ON SONOS BEHALF - imagine Apple releasing something then coming out and telling everyone - sorry your not as important at the moment but hey here’s a tease for u all.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Come on Sonos, please hurry up. I too had my Sonos system and play one working with Alexa US. Now with Alexa AUS it all crippled. Give us in Australia the functionality the US have (and we used in Aus before)
I have a Play:1 bought in north america. Sonos shows up on my list of speakers, and I can play Audible. But I cant connect any music, not amazon, not apple. zip. nada. frustrating.