Sonos Radio 2021 let us bluetooth our wireless headphones

• 15 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Come on Sonos it’s 2021 some of us have wireless Beats 1 headphones some have Bose some have Sony etc let us have the option of listening to SONOS  RADIO privately at home or on the move especially as your investing in Artists having shows on Soundsystem etc  or consider releasing your own SONOS wireless Headphones 

Anyone from the Sonos Development  Team wish to comment would be most welcomed 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not to disagree with the request, as it something I want and would use as well, but it’s probably not quite as simple as you think.  The current Sonos app is just a controller, not a music player.  Sonos would need to add a music player feature to the app, or a new app.  Perhaps the development for this feature is pretty straightforward, but it would mean that the player would need to be play at different qualities depending on the capabilities of the phone or tablet.  Something currently not a concern for Sonos radio.  As well, licensing of the music may be significantly different  when you change the scope of where Sonos radio can be listened to...particular for the non-custom stations.

Regarding protentional Sonos headphones, I would guess they would operate like Sonos Move.  In WiFi mode, you can access Sonos radio, but in BT mode, you have the same access as any other bluetooth headphones or speakers.

Danny totally agree with what you say regarding the Sonos S1 and S2 app and Licences (tricky ground look at tunein ending up in the high courts) the app IMO  is very sophisticated and versatile and has been IMO developed well (so well in fact it blocks every VPN I don’t use it for piracy but security honest) 

All I want is the ability like yourself to listen to Sonos Radio and all the SONOS curated Radio Stations not necessary in HD. I could listen to Thom Yorke all day and night but I think some of his playlist selections may drive the missus mad with its constant droning sound lol . 

word on the street though is 2021 could well be a launch of Sonos headphones as well as the Chemical Brothers  coming to Sonos Radio in March so I think I might re-invest my £7.99 back to Sonos 

stay safe