Answered

Sonos One SL and TV - grouping for TV audio

• 16 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I am looking to purchase another One SL. I know it can’t just play directly to a TV, but am I correct in saying that if I chose TV everywhere from another room and grouped them together that it would play the Tv through it?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 October 2020, 23:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, with a slight (around 75ms) delay between the TV room ( Sonos sound bar or Amp) and any grouped rooms.

That’s what I thought. Not worried about the delay. It is just going to be on our all seasons room for when we are watching a game we can still hear what’s happening out there.

Thanks

Understood. Did similarly in my last home with the kitchen. As long as you weren’t standing in the doorway to hear both rooms simultaneously, it was perfect. And why would you stand in the doorway? ;)

You could use the audio delay feature to get the speakers roughly synced if you wanted. This is at the expense of lip sync but that's not such a big deal for sports.