Skip to main content
Question

SONOS One and new app

• 20 July 2024
  • 3 replies

The following is a copy of the email that I just sent to SONOS’ CEO.  There was no other address on the website, and I am tired of waiting (multiple times) on hold.

I might have sent this to tech support, but there is no address listed on your website - only yours.  Just as well.  I tried calling several times over the last couple weeks, and the shortest wait time was 45 minutes.  Unacceptable.  

I have a SONOS One that has worked splendidly for several years since I bought it.  I'm sure you're aware of the issues with the new app, and they have affected me as well.  I can no longer get it to connect with my network, and I have combed through your support section as well as multiple other blogs, done multiple factory resets of the speaker, multiple reboots of both the speaker and my router, deleted my old account and set up a new one under a different email, deleted and reloaded the app on my phone twice, and tried connecting the speaker to my system at least a dozen times using both Wi-Fi and a cable direct to the router, and despite saying in the app that it is connected to the speaker and that it is setting it up, it always times out after about two minutes and gives me the message "the connection to your sonos one was lost".  I have spent hours of my time on this.  Hours.

I will not wait on the phone any longer.  I wish to have someone call me at a pre-arranged time who is extremely competent and familiar with this issue and can solve it within a few moments, or I would like the company to send me a brand new, current generation equivalent of the speaker.  This issue is through no fault of mine; the app should have had much more extensive testing before it was fielded, and I have been frustrated for over two weeks with this.  I'd say I've done my due diligence.  What will you do for me?

Regards,

Bill 

Moderator edit: removed surname

3 replies

Hi Bill, us and probably most people who have updated to the new app recently are having dire issues with it. I have been waiting for them to update it! How is this not happening? They must realise something has gone terrible wrong. Would you be able to share where you sent your letter to please? So we can start adding to the complaints.  Thanks 

On the website, there is a link to send to ceo@sonos.com, however I don’t recommend using it.  All you will get is a form reply that I assume is the exact same thing for everyone who writes to it.  It is unlikely the CEO even sees those emails.  Instead, I would recommend sending it to ********

Apparently, this is the email pattern that is used at Sonos for individuals’ email boxes.  Write it down quick, as I assume, based on what I’ve heard from others in these forums, that the moderators are taking down any posts that are ‘troublesome’ to them.  Pass it around!

Moderator Edit - Removed email address

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Apparently, this is the email pattern that is used at Sonos for individuals’ email boxes.  Write it down quick, as I assume, based on what I’ve heard from others in these forums, that the moderators are taking down any posts that are ‘troublesome’ to them.  Pass it around!

Aren’t you being rather paranoid in the claim that troublesome posts are being taken down? 

A moderator edited your first post to hide your surname. Wouldn’t they have simple taken down your post, if they were truly censoring in the way you allege? Yet your post is still active and accessible, 9 days later. 

Whose posts have been taken down? And if there are any, did they breach the Terms of Use for the forums?