Question

sonos connect glitching

My Sonos connect has been operating without any issue now no matter the audio source, the music is glitching like a scratched cd.

I have tried changing my modem channel and the Sonos channel like the wifi interference advise but still no change.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Connect for about a minute and rebooting your router.

Have tried that.

I thought I had solved it by going against everything I had read and disabled the wifi. It worked fine that night then the next afternoon it was crackly again.

So not sure what the issue is. Thinking there must be some interference coming from somewhere so will just have to start turning everything else in the house off to find it.

Have tried that.

I thought I had solved it by going against everything I had read and disabled the wifi. It worked fine that night then the next afternoon it was crackly again.

So not sure what the issue is. Thinking there must be some interference coming from somewhere so will just have to start turning everything else in the house off to find it.

If your router allows, perhaps try setting the channel-width to 20Mhz only for its 2.4Ghz WiFi band and ensure you’re using a non-overlapping channel - 1, 6, or 11. Reboot all and see if that makes any difference.

If you do go onto wire a Sonos device to the network, then do that direct to the router (but keep it at least one meter away from the router) and ensure the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App network settings is set to a different channel than the one you’ve set for the 2.4Ghz band.

See if that might Improve things for you.

So today it says on the app it is playing but nothing coming through the speakers now.

Yeah had those settings already. Tried a modem reboot. No change.

Reboot the connect and now it is stuck on fast flashing white light. Tried reboot and factory reset but no change so seems like the unit itself may be on the blink.

Thanks for your help

So today it says on the app it is playing but nothing coming through the speakers now.

Yeah had those settings already. Tried a modem reboot. No change.

Reboot the connect and now it is stuck on fast flashing white light. Tried reboot and factory reset but no change so seems like the unit itself may be on the blink.

Thanks for your help

Perhaps set the Connects IP address to ‘static/fixed’ in the routers DHCP reservation table under the DHCP settings and see if that resolves the flashing white-light issue.

Couldn't find the static setting but everytime I login to the modem it has the same IP over the last couple of days.

The connect is now working after leaving it powered up for a couple of days, it has changed from flashing white to solid white.

Issue is intermittent so everytime I change a setting I think I have resolved it but then it comes back.

@Shapes,

What make/model of router are you using?

TP link Archer VR2100

It was working without glitching last night. Just tried again now when I got home and back to glitching.

TP link Archer VR2100

It was working without glitching last night. Just tried again now when I got home and back to glitching.

There is a video here on YouTube that shows how to make TP-Link router device IP addresses static…

Awesome Thanks. I did search but clearly I wasn't using the right terminology as the videos were coming up with different settings 

It now has permanent static IP.

So even though it was glitching I let it play and after a few minutes it became clear and hasn't glitched again so far without even changing any settings. Still suspect there is some interference from something but will see how the IP address solution goes.

Thanks again for your help.