Answered

Sonos app "lost" Beam

• 9 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I successfully added a Beam to my current home setup a week ago. However, when I had to reset the router, the Sonos app could not find any speakers. I re-established connection with the other speakers by using an ethernet cable to a Play:1 - but the Beam did not show up. All other speakers showed up on the app.
I ran through the "Add speaker" in the app again, tried ethernet cable, but still no Beam. The light on the Beam is steady white. When I unplug the Beam, and plug it back in, the light blinks white, then becomes solid white.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 9 December 2018, 02:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi suits

Anytime you reset a router if takes a couple of minutes for Sonos to re-establish a connection. The router has to re-assign IP addresses. My point is that you may have been a bit hasty rather than allowing the Sonos App more time to fine your network. Just food for thought the next time you have to reset your router for any reason.

As far as the Beam is concerned it appears it is trying to use old network credentials. Since you have other speakers that are connected my advice at this juncture is a factory reset of the Beam to set it up as a new add. Your other speakers will retain any playlists you may have stored.

Going forward if you are going to reset your router a best practice is to first unplug your Sonos one by one and then perform your router reset. After the router fully comes back then reconnect your Sonos one at a time. I hopes this helps.

Cheers!
It sounds like your Beam is presently running in a different Sonos Household on the routers WiFi network.. did you lose everything on setting up your new boost system using the Play:1 speaker, like music services, saved favourites and playlists etc?... If so, then the only way I can see you easily and quickly getting the Beam back onto the same Sonos Household, is to factory reset it... that’s assuming you have setup things again and now have the Sonos network exactly as you want it.
You may find this support link useful...

Factory resetting a Sonos product