Sonos app

• 18 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Any idea if the S2 app will receive an update any time soon? Looks a bit dull and stuffed right now

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The app is used to be on a monthly update cycle but has been less frequent recently.

One thing you can be sure of is that Sonos will not announce any of their app plans.  Never have and likely never will, it does not make business sense to do so.

There is, however, an unsubstantiated rumor that a UI refresh is coming in perhaps May. There is already a thread or two in this forum about this rumor, I think. Pretty sure the source is The Verge’s site. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

As well as sonos headpones………….

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

“Dull and stuffed” - wow. Tough crowd. Mind you, when it comes to app UX you can’t please all the people, all the time.

And, frankly, a new UI/UX doesn’t necessarily mean a complete change in the code that runs on the speakers….

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

And, frankly, a new UI/UX doesn’t necessarily mean a complete change in the code that runs on the speakers….

Historically speaking it means basically no changes at all, in fact. In fact I hope so, I can’t handle an S3 family.

Completely agreed….i have zero expectation of an S3 necessary. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Am I the only one to rather have a “dull and stuffed” app than a les dull but also less consistent app?

That being said, I would like to switch speakers an music source from the same screen instead  of being force to used the bar on the bottom of the screen to switch between the two modes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Am I the only one to rather have a “dull and stuffed” app than a les dull but also less consistent app?

That being said, I would like to switch speakers an music source from the same screen instead  of being force to used the bar on the bottom of the screen to switch between the two modes.

Fitting everything on a phone-sized screen is challenging. Its one of the reasons I felt guilty, but also pleased when I stopped maintaining my Windows Phone app: I didn’t have to deal with all that. Desktops and tablets are so much easier to layout full-featured apps.