Answered

Something went wrong

Userlevel 1

I have just updated Sonos and it won’t play on my mobile or Mac - with the app or the online web page.

I get a message saying ‘Something went wrong’.

I have a party tomorrow!!!

what can I do?

icon

Best answer by Richardicain 12 May 2024, 16:40

View original

13 replies

I have the same problem and party is today 

On IPad and iPhone when try to connect to any music stream I get something went wrong. Sonos - How about proving a link to fix?

Any help greatly appreciated 

Jack

I also have this problem. 

Userlevel 1

Same here….I have found multiple issues with the new app. And there are zero fixes

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Sonos 📉

After contacting Sonos via chat, they rebooted my system and then I had to log into the App Preferences on my mobile device.   Once there I was directed to open the “Reset App”.   Once it reset and I logged into my system, it fixed the issues.  It also corrected the slow connection and unstable volume control.  

How do you reboot 

You need to contact Sonos.    They reboot it from their end and then they will direct you reset the app on your mobile device.    It's still a little slower to respond than the app prior to the launch of the redesign but I no longer get the error message.

Userlevel 1

I had a Chat yesterday and they told me to reboot each individual Sonos item and my internet. I suggested them to have a reboot option within the app. Itself that we could simply control.
They did not offer a reboot for me. I was skeptical to reboot each item From reading all the previous posts. I was afraid I would loose all functions.

it only rebooted my router & modem. once I rebooted my internet the functions are much better. Still not perfect but it works. I will wait for the fix of the app. 
here is something else I found posted on Community page.

Every update we have a few posters who blame an update, even though when an actual bug happened to a single Sonos device, the thread hit 100 pages in a day. It's not the update, it's your network, specifically IP conflicts. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem

Router

Switches or hubs

Wired Sonos units

Wireless Sonos units

Computers/printers

Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.

I got the message yesterday using sonos web app , only solution i found is to run the web app  in a private ( incognito) chrome window then it works and connect , so i m thinking sonos is starting some regional restrictions maybe , i m based in Morroco

PS : None of the suggested solution works ( reboot router , my Era 300...etc)

I spent 3 hours w tech support and they told me that my Spectrum router was the issue because my new Era 100 speakers interfered w my surround sound and woofer. I went out and bought a Eero 6e router, returned the Spectrum router and still getting “something went wrong”

Anyone know how to get the old app back?  

Same problem as you folks. I’m unable to play any music via the Sonos app. 

If an app update requires you to reboot everything, is the problem with the app or the network?

I get intermittent streaming but it’s like my Sonos is possessed with some virus or something because nothing makes sense.

If you made a whole new Sonos account it should work. I tried it yesterday - new email etc. It seems the update messes with the network set up