solid red light

• 3 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi there, I have the SONOS 5 gen1 with a solid red light after the latest update, any recommendation or help? factory reset or resetting controller did not help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I'd recommend that you call Sonos to discuss it. It sounds like you've done most of the normal troubleshooting steps.
thanks! I am on the phone for 20 minutes waiting for the hotline 🙂
have also sent an email now, lets see...
I think you'll get an answer quicker on the phone....and more likely to be helpful there, too, since they have access to the maximum number of tools, including, with your permission, getting access to your system, if it's needed.

It's unfortunate that it does require a long wait, but my understanding is in most cases, those folks are extremely helpful. Which probably takes a certain amount of time.

Best of luck!
seems like my speaker has a hardware problem, unfortunately its out of warranty....what a pity, it worked earlier today....
It is indeed unfortunate that such complex devices like Sonos, which have a computer inside each one, can fail. Life was a tad simpler back when speakers had limited electronic components that could break in them.

Might be a good time, with all the holiday sales, to think about a new PLAY:5 gen 2. Or even a Sonos One. Or, dare I say it, try another company, if you're soured on the Sonos experience?