Setting Alarm with Latest App Update

Userlevel 4
Badge

Having updated the Sonos App I’ve spent an hour trying to find the Alarm settings. I swear it’s missing!  Please tell me where I can find them.

103 replies

Where the f is the alarm button?

Settings / Manage / Alarms

I can’t see the Alarms under settings / manage even though I have updated the system today (iPhone)….

I found that I had to remove the app and then reinstall from the App Store. Once I did that it was easy to find

Removed app & reinstalled but still NO ALARM in Settings/Manage/Alarms

Userlevel 4
Badge

I can’t see the Alarms under settings / manage even though I have updated the system today (iPhone)….

I found that I had to remove the app and then reinstall from the App Store. Once I did that it was easy to find

Assuming you have the latest version, you should see the same as me (above) underneath Your System > Manage > Alarms. As I wrote earlier, I had to completely remove the app and reinstall from the IOS App Store before any of this worked for me. 

I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Forced it to quit several times.  Still no luck finding Alarms.  My manage page still does not have “Alarms”.

I have an alarm set at 5am which I switch off on the weekends. Since the update I am unable to switch the alarm off or adjust the time. How can I switch it off? This is ridiculous and annoying. 

I had the same issue, I have just downloaded the Sonos app onto my windows laptop, signed in and I’ve been able to turn the alarm off 🙌🏼 worth a try if you have a laptop. Not the “web app” but the “windows app” 😊

I hadn’t updated the app on my iPad, so was able to at least turn off the alarm! I had it set to play the radio in the morning, but this morning woke up to a miserable tone!! Like everyone else let’s hope Sonos get the alarm setting on the updated app very soon, as it was used by many and not having it is certainly not an improvement.

I just deleted the app, rebooted my Iphone.  and reinstalled and the Alarm feature has appeared. 

Iphone 14 Pro with latest software

I have a soundbar and Sonos app is 80.00.05-release+20240510.78d060b running on Android and there is no Alarms. I uninstalled/installed and no difference.

Hi, did what you said, but can’t see anywhere for the alarm, where is it?

Assuming you have the latest version, you should see the same as me (above) underneath Your System > Manage > Alarms. As I wrote earlier, I had to completely remove the app and reinstall from the IOS App Store before any of this worked for me. 

Thanks for this, it has just appeared on my app! 

they seem to have heard us. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Userlevel 1
Badge

I like the appearance of the new app, but functionality counts.  Asked about alarms (Sonos is my alarm clock), help desk told me to use desk top version 🤦🏽.  If you have an old device around with an unsupported os (iOS 15.8 in my case), it wont update the app and works just fine.  Been Sonos customer for 15+ years, sadly it seems to be run much like Boeing in the last 5 or so years.

I can only get the alarm to play a chime.  I have selected music but it will only play a chime sound.

I can only get the alarm to play a chime.  I have selected music but it will only play a chime sound.

Oh that’s a pain, I’ll wait and see what I get tomorrow morning!!!

Newest update on the app has me looking for an alternative system. I have Sonos in my house for over 15 years hassle free until now 

Userlevel 2

I'm having the same issue as by the looks countless others and having the answer as role back as a request from a user isn't acceptable.

Any word from Sonos?

Userlevel 2

Further if I have no speakers showing, which happens often, I can see the alarm...as soon as I get speakers it goes.

So, I’ve been without internet for almost two weeks until today, and finally got my Sonos upgrade today.

Regarding alarms- I have it on my iPad, but not on my IPhone 14 Pro. Really irritating since I had turned all of my alarms off due to lack of internet…

Thanks for the solution which made me look in my iPad but @SONOS, this is not OK. Setting alarms/timers is frequently used at least in my house. 

I’ve found the alarms but there is no way to add/delete or edit them. Have checked the App Store multiple times and there is no update available. I’ve been with Sonos for over a decade and I have to say this was way worse than the S1/S2 debacle. Can you please add this functionality back ASAP so I can use the alarms! Come on Sonos.

Thanks for posting this link!

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s mid-June, so a month after they broke a basic function, that’s bad and not acceptable.

That link says “available now” and has add/edit alarms but that function is not available for the IOS app. At least not the one for the iPhone. Mid June is the snooze function. What a sloppy rollout for new software. There’s no way this app was properly tested before being released.

Badge

I can access and set alarms on my iPad using the latest app, however they don’t work in that they don’t switch on the radio. I haven’t tried just setting the default alarm sound. But will at the next opportunity.

If you have a Windows or macOS computer, the Sonos desktop client can still create and edit alarms.

(I agree it’s a real head scratcher that the new app was released without alarm support).

This is not true there is NO Mac OS client available at this time so this is bs

Badge

Thanks for your response, I will try and set an alarm using my Windows desktop.

I appreciate the workaround (using the desktop app) however that’s very inconvenient. Just fix the app. How hard can it be to code in editing the alarms? Better yet how about we don’t release subpar app updates. Especially ones of this volume. I’m sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who could have beta tested and let Sonos know what the issues are. Sonos have a huge turnover in the past 5 years? I’ve been with them well over a decade and have never seen such a crappy release of one of their products. Hell the S1 to S2 was a smashing success compared to this abomination of an app release. Do better Sonos! I rave about your products to my friends and have for the past decade.

I have the alarm feature but for some reason, it’s not going off at the right time and I’m not sure if it’s a time zone issue. My profile is set to the location (Malaysia) but the alarms are not going off at all. Anyone else having this issue?