Answered

revert to previous app

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, new sonos app was just installed on my android. It is a mess, half of the services won't work, can't find the other half. Design is chaotic. Had my favourite radio stations on top, now they are mixed and hidden somewhere. 

How do i revert to the old version?

icon

Best answer by Audiophone 10 May 2024, 22:23

View original

57 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I have an Msc in computer science and software development. One thing i learned in the beginning: don't change the UI or general any interface if it is not absolutely necessary. Why should i watch an instruction video or read a manual for getting to know how a product works when I already use it for so many years?! Sonos,  get back to basics and learn about user friendly software 

Userlevel 3

It is buggy, sticky, unresponsive…...grouping and ungrouping rooms doesn’t work properly anymore. In summary appalling. Shame on you Sonos, you have ruined a great system. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I got the previous version on apkmirror.com and installed it. Disabled auto update in app store and sonos app. Now everything is good again.

But I'm thinking about selling my Sonos stuff. I don't want to depend from a bunch of incompetent people when listening to music

Userlevel 3

No more sleep timer, which I used every day. Result, can't play music or it will play all night. No music makes my Sonos system useless now. Looking at my useless speakers, guess I was stupid buying them. Canceled my order for new speakers. Will have to look for another provider.

I got the previous version on apkmirror.com and installed it. Disabled auto update in app store and sonos app. Now everything is good again.

But I'm thinking about selling my Sonos stuff. I don't want to depend from a bunch of incompetent people when listening to music

This works, and I hope it will indefinitely. All features I need are in the previous version.

Userlevel 3

Sonos, your last update sucks. Why do you have to make to make it so complicated to navigate... I couldn't even figure out how to turn it off.. ridiculous.…

No MidRange either... Tv does not sound clear.

I am considering dumping this system

Userlevel 3

Yes. What a disaster this new app is. Lost most control of my Music Library, can’t see my Playlists on my iPad, can’t see anything in queue. How do I update my Music Library? Where’s the sleep timer and how do I manage Alarms? I don’t think answering that “we’re working on this and will fix in the next few months” is an adequate answer here… Please revert Sonos app to previous version… and maybe think about releasing your update in a few months, when you’ve figured out how to preserve functionality. I shouldn’t have to go find the old app on some mirror site. Sonos - show some responsibility here rather than telling your customers to suck it up.

Userlevel 2

New ap is dreadful.  Why do people think they need to fix something that is not broken?  Old ap works on my I pad but I reloaded it on my I phone , spoke to someone after an hour on hold, then as soon as I got it fixed and hung up it insisted on updating, so now it doesn’t work.  Very frustrating.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

A new release has to have the same functionalities as minimum . The alarm, the local music library the snooze...does t works In the new app, on Mac or windows app ( official information in sonos web page)

The android release is a beta release. Please consider to revert to the previous release or add the same functionalities

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Sonos hates you

Userlevel 2

Accepted forced update to new app, what a mess it is compared to previous functional version. 
Biggest impact is now cannot connect Beam to TV, not matter what method I try to connect it.

Could someone please explain how I can revert app update on iPhone and iPad back to previous version so I can reconnect Beam to TV.  Sonos this update is a mess, not even Beta worthy !!!  In the software world you have totally disregarded the #1 rule: “if it ain’t broken don’t fix it” !!!
Please revert to previous.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Sonos hates you

Userlevel 2

My whole system cannot connect now with the new app. I called support and wasted 3hours tonight only to find out that there is apparently a bug in the new app. Nothing can connect. I’ve spent well over $1,000 cause I thought i was getting what. What a mess! DO NOT BUY THESE PRODUCTS!

Userlevel 2

The new Sonos app is a mess. I hate it. 

Userlevel 3

The new app is hot garbage. I've never participated in a chat community ever in my life, but this is thing is suuuuuuch trash, I can't think of what else to do. Is there any chance they're going to un-do this?

The future is awful.

Userlevel 3
Badge

PLEASE LET US RETURN TO THE OLD S2 APP.

THIS NEW APP IS TERRIBLE!

Userlevel 3
Badge

It's obvious that Sonos has completely botched this release. If I'm the CEO I'm looking for someone to fire. Question now is will Sonos admit they've screwed this up and revert to the previous app, which worked great as far as I'm concerned.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’m in the same boat. Why did I ever update my mobile app?? Once done, I have no access to my music library located on our iMac. So, I attempted to update the iMac Sonos Controller and… the forced update installer failed numerous times even after restarts. What a major suck job this was/is.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Email Patrick Spence ceo@sonos.com . What does he have to say?

Userlevel 1

Totally agree. Useless new ap. Revert to old one

Userlevel 2

Sonos. It's a shame deploying an application like that. My setup is not recognized anymore (one of my Era 100 is not visible). The application is very slow, and it's a downgrading in every features. Give us the old S2 back. Right now.

Userlevel 2

Accepted forced update to new app, what a mess it is compared to previous functional version. 
Biggest impact is now cannot connect Beam to TV, not matter what method I try to connect it.

Could someone please explain how I can revert app update on iPhone and iPad back to previous version so I can reconnect Beam to TV.  Sonos this update is a mess, not even Beta worthy !!!  In the software world you have totally disregarded the #1 rule: “if it ain’t broken don’t fix it” !!!
Please revert to previous.  

After spending 3 hours faffing around this morning trying to reconnect our Beam to TV I came across a random post on internet by someone with same issue as mine above.  

The poster had resolved the issue by turning off the main power supply to TV, Sonos Beam and Fetch TV Box, disconnected HDMI Arc cable from TV to Beam and unplugged power supply from rear of Fetch TV box.  

After waiting 5 mins the power supply to TV and Beam were turned on.  Once TV sound was deemed operational the HDMI Arc cable to Beam was plugged back into TV to reconnect Beam to TV.  Sound was restored to Beam and the app could used to switch between TV or music streamed from latest app.  

Power to Fetch TV box was then restored and TV reconnected to Fetch box.  Sound from TV was still being broadcast from Beam and controllable from new Sonos app.

Having nothing to loose I worked through the process described above and successfully reattached our Sonos Beam to the TV.  Can now use the new app to switch between TV and music streaming as needed.  

Hope the above is of use to others who have disconnected Sonos devices.  It may a matter of a total power off shutdown then a systematic restoration.  But on the other it may not be, given some of the situations I read about today.

This new app certainly needs work to get it up to speed as restoring my lost favourite stations was certainly not an easy task.

Userlevel 2

This is crazy! You have to QA your app before you release no? If you redesign your UI, you should at least maintain the same functionalities?! Not to mention the bugs, many features I rely on daily are missing. Where's the  sleep timer? Where's the rewind/fast forward button? Software quality was never a strength of Sonos, but this was a new low!

Userlevel 2

Personally I think Sonos have done a fantastic job....... of completey destroying their company. I was on the beta program for a long time and would recommend Sonos to anyone who would listen. Oh how the tables have turned. I now spend far more time diverting people away and this latest disaster has reinforced that message. Now trying to revive the S1 app to get back to the good old days. I have a huge selection of music on my music library and can now only play one song at a time. What a mess Sonos. What were you thinking, oh wait, you clearly weren't! 

Userlevel 2

It works and it’s easy. Thks for the tips.