Recycling Options

• 10 January 2018
  • 10 replies

I got a Sonos speaker for Christmas and despite hours of effort I haven’t been able to make it work. I’m not hugely technical but not totally useless, but I think the setup probably requires a level of knowledge that is beyond me or my interest in solving it. The shop I bought it from don’t want it back as technically it’s not faulty. So my question is,what is the best way to recycle an unwanted Sonos speaker?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Uhhh, sell it on ebay?
Yeah, sell it. Which speaker did you get?
It’s the Sonos 1. I think it would be cathartic to break it up for recycling and I would feel bad selling it as I can’t actually say it works!
Stop with the nonsense. :8
I’m sure it’s a good system if you are technically minded and understand how to configure internet connections and wireless protocols and stuff like that. I really just wanted a reasonably good quality speaker that I could listen to music through with no wires and minimal fuss.
Why exactly are you posting? Do you want help setting it up? Are you just here to complain? If the former, tell us where you are hung up. If the latter, your experience is well out of line with the vast majority of users who say easy setup is one of the highlights of the product.
Thanks, I just wanted to know if there was a recycling scheme as I’m sure there are bits inside the speaker that could be melted down or reused. I appreciate the issue is probably that I’m not tech savvy enough to own a Sonos product and that the fault is with me so I would rather cut my losses rather than keep trying to make it work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So your really just trying to make a jab that you don't like the Sonos One this has nothing to do with recycling. What a waste of a thread with a bad title.

Give it to a friend they would very much appreciate it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hey Tom, where about in the world are you based ?

There may be someone locally who can give you a hand, or if you really want to get shot if it, can take it off your hands.

Regards
Andrew