Question

Radio stations with URL via TuneIn

• 10 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

After the well done marketing add campaign (The Sonos app has been redesigned and is better than ever), the installation of the new app deleted all my TuneIn Radio stations which contained the URLs.

How can I add the stations URL again to the new app ?

7 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm having the same problem since yesterday. I finally managed to find my custom URLs for premium di.fm subscription and added them to the Android TuneIn app per the Sonos instructions. However, when I navigate back to Sonos, it's still streaming the basic service (with ads) and there is no way to access a saved library in TuneIn within Sonos. Why were all the URLs wiped? I had a curated library that worked for years with no issues (AND NO ADS). I'm looking at installing a new Sonos system in a house I'm currently building as a faithful Sonos customer for almost a decade. If I can't rely on Sonos to support the services that I'm paying for, I may have to make different choices. That would be a shame because until the new Sonos app was unveiled, it was my favorite app of all time, it just WORKED. Please provide an update to explain how to make these connections. I currently own about 10 Sonos products and do not want to switch because of something that can be fixed with a software update. 

Have the same problem, how can I use TuneIn (New)☹️
How can I add URL radio link?
I listen to a radio station that only broadcasts via URL link?

Userlevel 1

I can paste the premium key URL from Di.FM to TuneIn but it doesn't seem to matter, it's still running ads. I believe that may be TuneIn's new business model: you can add custom URLs but in order to run them without ads, you have to pay for both services. If that is the case, it's on SONOS to add built-in functionality that doesn't rely on a 3rd party app to provide the service. Setting up TuneIn as the intermediary behind a paywall makes no sense as there are multiple streaming radio services on Sonos already. 

Userlevel 1

If you are willing to have your stream interrupted by TuneIn every 90 seconds with commercials, you can do the following:

1. Locate your streaming channel's URL and copy 

2. Go to TuneIn app and once signed in, go to 'Library'

3. Click 'Add custom URL' and paste your URL, then name it 

4. Go to Sonos app and open TuneIn. You will see your channel. You can set it as a favorite so it's on the main page 

Sonos removed the possiblity to 'Add custom URL'  again. What a bad customer service! How can it be done now?

Since moving to the new app and TuneIn, the new TuneIn now wants to charge a fee to stream. I already support public radio with $$ and now with TuneIn they ask to pay to stream. I have seen somewhere a third party app to help stream to Sonos so you can get around TuneIn. Anyone on here know of the discussion or the third party app? I do NOT want to pay TuneIn a monthly or annual fee. Ridiculous.

How annoying. I had the same problem as others but I do subscribe to Tune in to get rid of the ads, Nevertheless, I had to re-enter all my old favorites because the new Sonos App defaults to Sonos Radio. I will never use Sonos radio and spend 1 hours re-entering my favorites on the Tune-in icon on the new Sonos App.