Answered

play 5 gen 1 cant connect

• 25 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Using S1 app (black)

I have a Sonos Play 5 gen 1 that i can’t connect to my network.  I’ve read the article, and tried all the various suggestions including connecting with an ethernet cable but no luck.

I can see the bridge connecting but can’t get the play5 to connect…

I factory reset the speaker and tried to reconnect it.  I can see it but it won’t connect.

When i do the ethernet cable option, and hit the two buttons together i get the chime, but that’s as far as it goes.  After that i get the “can’t connect” message.  I have another Play 5 and Play 1

Please advise.

icon

Best answer by controlav 25 July 2021, 15:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Where did this old device come from (ie what is its history)? If it is a LOT older than the controller you are now using, you may need to get Sonos Support to perform magic so that the current controller can find a really old player. Once found it will update it.

You have a Bridge, so do you have other Sonos devices, that do work? Bridges are old and prone to bad power supplies, but as you are using Ethernet for this player that won’t matter (for now).

Anyone solved this? I too have a brick of a speaker that no longer connects. 

Have you tried contacting Sonos support directly? Note that it was suggested that you do so in the original marked “answer”.