Skip to main content
Question

Persistent notification missing Android/Pixel 6

• 21 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Yesterday the Sonos app for Android forced me to update it.  I couldn't do anything in the app unless I updated.  I had been avoiding updating so I didn't lose the homescreen widget.

So I updated.  I lost the homescreen widget as expected.  But I also lost something else - the playback controls in the persistent notification (and the lock screen).  Now I have to open the app by tapping the app icon to access playback controls. 

Notifications are enabled in App Preferences in Sonos app.  In phone settings, the app has all the notification permissions allowed.  App is allowed to run in background.  I tried rebooting the phone. 

Pixel 6, Android v14

Is there a fix at this point or is this a known issue? 

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

BTT, still no mention of this issue in any of the Sonos communications 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have the same problem on a S24. Weird thing is that although notifications are allowed in app settings and preferences, the app does not show when going to system settings/notifications. So notifications do not work at all. Just another new app hick up, unbelievable

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same problem on a S24. Weird thing is that although notifications are allowed in app settings and preferences, the app does not show when going to system settings/notifications. So notifications do not work at all. Just another new app hick up, unbelievable

Gotcha, I was curious whether my issues were Pixel-specific, I don't see them mentioned much in this forum. 

It's peculiar to me that Sonos never mentions anything about the Android widget or notifications in any of their communications to us. It's like they've been specifically instructed not to use those terms.

It makes me think either those issues are very low priority for them, or they don't know how to resolve them yet.  Either way, very concerning. 

Try this thread for possible Pixel 6 solutions:

https://en.community.sonos.com/search?q=pixel+6&category=Get+help+and+assistance+with+your+Sonos+system+%3E+Controllers+and+Music+services+%3E+Persistent+notification+missing+Android%2FPixel+6

Userlevel 1
Badge

The only solution shown there is to roll back the Android app to an older version, which I did at one point but can no longer do. Once the firmware on the speakers gets updated past a certain point, the older version of the app becomes unusable and you are forced to update the app if you want to use it at all.

(BTW, that's not a thread you linked, it's the search results for a "Pixel 6" forum search.)

The only solution shown there is to roll back the Android app to an older version, which I did at one point but can no longer do. Once the firmware on the speakers gets updated past a certain point, the older version of the app becomes unusable and you are forced to update the app if you want to use it at all.

(BTW, that's not a thread you linked, it's the search results for a "Pixel 6" forum search.)

Really…you’re looking for help and you’re correcting word/phrase usage 🤔 Good luck to resolve your issue 🤞

Userlevel 1
Badge

Really…you’re looking for help and you’re correcting word/phrase usage 🤔 Good luck to resolve your issue 🤞

My point was, it seems like you are not here to provide help but to suggest people's problems are theirs to fix. And looking at your recent posts, that checks out.

We already know there is no current solution to these particular issues.