Answered

Outdoor Speakers - can I bond an Amp with two Playbars?

• 6 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I just recently installed two pairs of outdoor speakers and a Sonos Amp. I have two televisions in my backyard and My questions is as follows. Can these outdoor Speakers be used as rear surrounds when paired with a Playbar under each one of these Televisions. Each television will have a soundbar under it and would like to know if the outdoor speakers would work as rear surrounds?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 October 2020, 18:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You could bond the Amp with one of the PLAYBARs, and the speakers would act as surrounds for that one. In order to have them work as surrounds do for the second PLAYBAR you would need to remove them as surrounds from the first PLAYBAR and then program them in the Sonos controller to work with the second PLAYBAR. 

Bonding as surrounds is considered a relatively ‘permanent’ thing, and it’s not wpeasy to switch modes when that is done. It certainly can be done, but there’s a significant amount of effort involved. 

Badge

So it cannot be permanently set up with the two Playbars at once?

No, just one.

Badge

Thank you so much