Question

Notification on Android for Song Changing & Pausing

• 8 May 2024
  • 1 reply

In Sonos Android versions prior to v80, the app would have a service running in the background and a notification in the notification bar at all times that allowed for seamless switching & pausing of songs and also allowed for volumes changes on the fly, eliminating the need to go into the app and change it.

After v80, it's been taken away, and the background service is also gone, forcing the app to reboot if the phone ever closes it for RAM optimization, which makes the user wait a long time for the app to start and connect to the system.

My biggest gripe with the notification being gone, above all, is the fact that without it, I can't scrobble using Pano Scrobbler, as it requires an active notification.

Can we get the controller notification & service back soon, please? I don't want to hold on to the old Sonos versions to avoid being without something that shouldn't have been taken away in the first place.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @aoskis 

Thanks for your post and your feedback!

As I understand it, I believe the notification bar on Android is scheduled to be back in mid-June.

Regarding Pano Scrobbler, I hadn’t heard of it till now - I assume functionality will return with the return of the notification bar.

I hope this helps.