Answered

Night sound causes weird sounds on surrounds

• 28 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Enabling night sound with beam gen 2, 2 fives, sub mini causes a delayed distorted repeat of what the center channel is doing. Maybe it’s just me but I think if other people try it you’ll hear it too. It doesn’t happen when it’s turned off obviously and the surround settings is 0 for music and tv.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 March 2024, 17:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Rawcus 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the problem you’re having with your Sonos Beam and surrounds - it sounds far from ideal! As the Beam is basically in charge of what the surrounds play, I believe we should start there.

Please unplug your Beam from power for several seconds, then plug back in and wait for the white bar-shaped light to stop flashing. Once it does, please test playback with Night Sound turned on.

If that has not helped, please remove the surrounds and Sub Mini from the Beam, putting them in temporary rooms (don’t make a stereo pair), then add them to the Beam once more.

Remove surround speakers

Remove a Sonos Sub (Mini)

Add surround speakers to a Sonos home theater

Set up your Sonos Sub Mini

If this does not solve the problem, please get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I unplugged the beam and other devices for a little while then plugged it back in. It then worked fine for a few days. I removed all the devices and added them to other rooms and again it worked ok for a little while then now still does it. Now when I unplug everything and plug it back in it still has the same problem right away. 

btw I really only notice it when watching YouTube on the tv and the audio seems naturally louder so it’s harder to get to lower levels at night without this option. It’s usually someone just talking and not the sound coming from movies or anything like that. 

I’ll just try contacting the technical support.