Question

new version - but not on Android?

A New very hyped (and feature missing) version came today… on  iOS. But not on Android? 
there is a lot of click here ‘google play’ etc…on all Sonos pages…. But no new version ;(  ??!!?!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Think yourself lucky, then😁.  The new app is junk. 

Userlevel 1

I wish you were right. Unfortunately it came on Android too and it's really half way, so better it would not come ar all yet.

Userlevel 1

Android users, although I am sure, big part of overall users ratio, are generally omitted. Like with spacial setup of speakers, which works only on iphone. With this update vice versa, unfortunately we have got it too.

If there is an option to use old one, I immediately switch.

Userlevel 3

My Android version auto updated overnight and it's so much worse than before. No widget for home screen and some content services no longer functioning. 

Sonos should be ashamed 

Userlevel 3
Badge

No more widget no more music library Access BRAVO sonos 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Seems like it's available for some Android users but not all. I have an iPad which got the update yesterday but my Android phone is yet to get it. Having both versions on my devices, I think I prefer the older version so I have stopped auto update on the Google play store for now. I will see how I feel about the new iPad Sonos app before updating it on my Android phone I think 

Useless app! every time i open it, I get can’t find system, even though I already have over 11 system connected!, have to shut the app down and reopen it, very useless update!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Seems like it's available for some Android users but not all.

I haven’t looked at the Sonos documents but I have several Android tablets that ran v16 with no issues but are refusing to update to the v80 app. I suspect the os requirements to run it were changed.