New iOS App Version 80.00.04 **DO NOT DOWNLOAD**

Userlevel 3

The new app for iOS is an absolute train wreck, absolutely awful.  It will ruin your Sonos experience, and support acknowledges that there are issues and their support lines are flooded with angry users.  In spite of that, they keep pushing and prompting people to download it.  DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES UPDATE THIS APP.  If I didn’t happen to have another device that still has the older app, I wouldn’t be able to operate my system.

Support says “be patient, the engineers are working to fix the issues and missing features”, my response was to suggest that they IMMEDIATELY re-post the prior version of the app, roll this disaster back until they can produce a fully-working app.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I got an email from them extolling the virtues of the new app and how great and amazing it was.

ALL LIES

The app is now trash. I can’t even search my music library that is shared via SMB from my Windows machine. Total joke.

They wanted beta testers. This is so infuriating. My wife made a good point about for how expensive all this hardware is, the software shouldn’t be crap.

FIX THIS NOW SONOS!!!!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

We want the old version back!

Version is trash.  I updated by accident and no longer have my sleep timer and alarm function.  I want the old version back it was so much better. 

This is a nightmare! 

At the very least Sonos should offer an apology and make the previous app available until the new one is remade with all previous features reinstalled.

Oh and there are no alarm settings in the web app.

This update is a total joke. It deleted so much of the functionality that I loved about the product. Sonos now feels like the beta version of a second rate music app. 

1) Half my Sonos Playlist just disappeared. The ones that still remain don't display the track list until you replace the queue.

2) The Search Function no longer searches your music library. What kind of tech nerd thought this was a good idea, obviously not a music lover.

3) There is no ability to create new Sonos playlists.

4) Sleep timer function was deleted. I listen to music every night on my system. At least, I did before this crap update.

So much functionality was lost, and for what, so that I can customize my Home screen. I don't give a darn about the Home screen. I just want to be able to find and play my music. This product has lost its way!