Question

new app

Userlevel 1

Maybe I missed it (it’s not intuitive if it’s there) how do I add music to a queue?  When I select an album or a song the only option I see is “replace queue.”  I want to listen to this song next, or later. 

also, when I select the queue icon on the screen showing the song playing, it says queue is empty even though an entire album is playing. What am I missing?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You aren’t missing anything. This is the new “app”. Welcome to the dumpster fire.

Userlevel 1

It’s not you it’s the garbage app. 

can’t add music to a queue. 

if you have a music library on a NAS, forget about trying to add new music to it. 
no option to re index music in a music library. 

lots of other features (I use the word, but they should not  be called features), more bog standard functions. 

Userlevel 1

It’s pretty awful. Like the app developer had never used Sonos before.  Can I manage the priority of the Sonos components?  They are listed alphabetically and every time I open the app it defaults to the first one alphabetically, not the last one I was using. When I switch to the room I’m in it resets the “queue” and starts over. Very frustrating!

I can’t play anything on the app

Userlevel 1

It’s really weird how buggy it actually is. 

I had the old app on an iPad and managed to re index my music library. 
Strange thing is, I was able to play tracks via old app on the iPad but it just refuses to play any of them on new app. 

saw an article where they said it’s going to take months to fix…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It’s really weird how buggy it actually is. 

I had the old app on an iPad and managed to re index my music library. 
Strange thing is, I was able to play tracks via old app on the iPad but it just refuses to play any of them on new app. 

saw an article where they said it’s going to take months to fix…

Yeah if you have access to the old app you can keep using it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

You aren’t missing anything. This is the new “app”. Welcome to the dumpster fire.

Yo, Bumper! Keep up your posting, we all need the chuckles. (quite seriously)

What? So you can't queue songs anymore? And edit the existing queue? 

This must be fixed, otherwise I'll sell my system to someone else.