Answered

My Sonos Playbar only has a digital optical input and my TV does not have a digital optical output - only HDMI arc. How can I connect the TV to the Playbar?

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

My Sonos Playbar only has a digital optical input and my TV does not have a digital optical output - only HDMI arc. How can I connect the TV to the Playbar? 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 4 May 2024, 10:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

3 options:

an hdmi to optical adaptor;

upgrade your Playbar to Arc;

change your tv. 

I’d go for one of the first two; of them, the adaptor is much lower cost option. 

Thank you for your replay. I figured the HDMI to optical adapter would be the solution. I was hoping to hear from someone about the effectiveness of such an adapter.

Userlevel 7

Just curious… what model TV do you have?

Actually I don’t have the TV yet. I’ve been considering a Hisense TV but when I look at the specifications on the Hisense website there is no Optical Audio connectivity listed - for instance the U6KAU model. However, I’ve recently discovered from watching a YouTube video of the unboxing this model TV that there is in fact an optical audio output so it looks like I won’t have an issue with this TV after all. I did think it odd that Hisense wouldn’t provide this connectivity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

First link I got googling the number you mentioned als says optical is on board: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/hisense-55-u6kau-mini-led-4k-smart-tv-2023