Move battery level while on Bluetooth

• 24 December 2020
  • 11 replies

I have read all of the info about battery level and I’m not see it on the app. In fact it looks for my system and there is no induction of my move nor it battery. I have an iPhone

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Banreerj.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

To view Move's battery level, open the Sonos app, and find your Move's name in the  System tab (Rooms tab if using the S1 Controller app).

If you're still having issues I suggest reading this thread.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’m unable to open my system tab because I’m not on my WiFi network and operating the move on Bluetooth tooth  

see below the system tab is not in bold 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Banreerj.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back Sonos Community.

Have you already set this one before to your wifi network?

In order for you to use the Bluetooth feature of the Sonos move, you need to establish the initial setup.

Set up your Sonos Move.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know

Yes I did that and everything with the move speaker works correctly. I can connect to it and play music on both WiFi and Bluetooth. I can see the battery level when connected to the WiFi and see my whole system. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Banreerj.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I’ve noticed there are other customers experiencing this base on the other thread.

I’ll get back to you once we already confirm that theirs an ongoing issue.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’m having the same issue where the battery percentage for my Sonus Move is not displayed in the app while connected by Bluetooth.

My phone’s software and the sonus app are both up to date, and I had already set up my Sonus Move on my wifi network. 

Here is a screenshot of what I see:

Please include a fix for this in the next update for the Sonus app 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @alejandro79.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

When you're playing the Sonos move via Bluetooth, are you seeing the same screen if it's on its charging base?

Hi @alejandro79.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

When you're playing the Sonos move via Bluetooth, are you seeing the same screen if it's on its charging base?

Yes, while connected via Bluetooth and on the charging base, there is still no battery percentage displayed. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @alejandro79.

We’ve already confirmed that if your Sonos move is currently connected via Bluetooth you would not see the battery % on the customer's end.

The explanation behind that is since the Sonos move is connected via Bluetooth and not thru wifi it was considered “offline”

But I’ll still submit a feature request to improve the performance of the Sonos move.

We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

@Mark P 

According to this thread, you are supposed to be able to see the battery percentage on the customers end while connected via Bluetooth and not wifi. Is this information not correct? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @alejandro79.

Upon verifying to our higher tier, the battery level will not show up anymore if your connected via Bluetooth.