Answered

Monitor (No speaker w Audio Out) + Nintendo Switch + Sonos Beam

• 16 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

hey guys, 

you know, this wouldn’t be an issue if I have a TV cos it’s a no-brainer. But now I have the abovementioned devices and I need advice before I splash some money to buy a device that would make it work.

My monitor has 3 HDMI ports. Nintendo Switch dock has one HDMI port and Sonos Beam has one HDMI port. 

Connecting Nintendo Switch to Monitor would only generate visual, no audio. Very doubtful that HDMI through Sonos to Monitor would have changed that. So I didn’t try. So what are my options?

Thanks guys!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 October 2020, 12:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You’d need a device that creates an HDMI ARC signal. None of those devices do.

I’d be looking at an external HDMI switch that creates an optical signal, and connect that to the adapter that came with the Beam. 

Badge

You’d need a device that creates an HDMI ARC signal. None of those devices do.

I’d be looking at an external HDMI switch that creates an optical signal, and connect that to the adapter that came with the Beam. 

Do you have a recommendation of that sort of device or at least a sample of it and i will find something similar. 

I don’t use one, but search on Amazon for the phrase HDMI switch optical and you should find dozens of examples. Many folks in the Home Theater area of this forum have discussed them as well. 

Badge

Got it, thanks Bruce. I’ll look for that. 

@edwinisdenim Did this solution work at all? I’ve seen Amazon do a Basics Audio Extractor Converter so like you want to know if this setup worked prior to investing. 

Was audio lag/delay an issue at all? Sonos Technical are useless and say this won’t work but several threads from a year ago or so suggest it should be fine. 

Badge

@edwinisdenim Did this solution work at all? I’ve seen Amazon do a Basics Audio Extractor Converter so like you want to know if this setup worked prior to investing. 

Was audio lag/delay an issue at all? Sonos Technical are useless and say this won’t work but several threads from a year ago or so suggest it should be fine. 

Apologies. I never had the chance to explore as of yet as I am packed these 2 months. I thought of trying it during Christmas. If you managed to give it a shot, do lemme know yea.