Question

Line in compression settings missing in new app?

Not as headline grabbing as the other missing features, I’m sure. But are the settings for adjusting line-in compression also removed, or is it just hidden away in a corner of the app which I’m unable to find? 

Turntable connected via SONOS port is my current setup, but suspecting that this setting may be removed for other line-in configurations as well? In any case: Not pleased. 

3 replies

Yep same. Interested in if they removed the ability to configure this altogether

After some more searching and your answer bchn it seems clear that they have removed this option in the new app. Clear downgrade to my mind, as I would prefer control over these parameters myself, and would like to know when my network is not fast enough to play my records uncompressed.

I’m however not about to raise a larger stink than this thread does, but would sincerely hope that this option is coming back in a coming update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As has been said with many other things, the problem with this is we just don't know if it's intentional, it's coming back or it's a bug.