Answered

Incorrect Equipment Listing

• 28 November 2021
  • 4 replies

In my iOS app in settings/system it correctly shows my Boost. However when I go online and look at my account it shows my old bridge not my Boost. How do I correct this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 November 2021, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That suggests your BOOST was set up on another account, then ‘added’ to your system without a reset. 

It’s not terribly important, IMHO, unless you’re intending to use it as a trade in, but in case it is important to you (which is fine, no judgement here), you could temporarily wire another Sonos device to your router with an Ethernet cable. Then remove the Ethernet cable to your BOOST, and open the controller to be sure your system still shows up. As long as it does, go ahead and factory reset Only the BOOST, and then follow the instructions in the controller to ’add a device’. Once it’s been added, you can switch the Ethernet cable back to the BOOST, and it should then show up as associated with your ‘account’ on the Sonos website. 

Thank you Bruce. That makes sense. Truthfully I only noticed it because I was looking at the upgrades information on my system. Everything on my system is compatible with the S2 app except my play5 speaker and my old bridge was listed instead of my boost. What exactly are the new features in S2?  I really hate to waste the play5 as this stuff is expensive. 

Still nothing substantial to differentiate them, IMHO, but it certainly future proofs the system. I think there are a few features that are ‘coming soon’, such as a higher version of SMB available, along with all of the items discussed in the announcements thread, including some High Resolution streams, HD Radio, etc. 

Ok. Thanks. This has been very helpful as I decide what I’m going to do. 

bill