Question

How do I remove a sonos user from my account

• 23 March 2019
  • 6 replies

How do I remove a sonos user fro my account

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

There is only one user per Sonos account, but if you are concerned, then change your account password. I would also change your local main WiFi password too, as they may have stored those credentials on their controller device.

Hope that helps.
If you do decide to change the local WiFi password, I would take note of this Sonos Support article too...

Replaced your router or changed WiFi settings?
Thank you, I changed my login password but the other user is still able to use it thru the app? If I change the wifi log in then I have to change a lot of things throughout the house
Any user who has the Sonos App and has already been 'authorised' on your local network will have access to your Sonos devices, but without your Sonos account credentials they cannot administer their settings, but can still Play music etc.

If you don’t wish to change the wifi password, then in your router configuration pages, you could block the users controller device by its MAC address, if you know how to do that?
I transferred my account to another email address so I'm hoping that does it... Thanks again
I don’t think that will actually stop it, if the other person still has access to your local network, then you really need to block their network access.

If you block the MAC address, you can go onto perhaps provide that user with access to the local 'guest WiFi network' and isolate it from your main network, if you have that facility on your router, but that’s only if you still want them to have local internet access, with no access to your local devices, like Sonos speakers etc.

It all depends on your situation, requirement, and abilities of you & the router.

Otherwise I would simply spend a small amount of time changing the password and/or SSID, as much as a nuisance that maybe for you.