Answered

How do I delete my Sonos accont

• 4 November 2018
  • 9 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
I was really happy with my relationship with Sonos when they made high end speakers and were content with that as a business model. But now they seem to want my data, so much so that I can't use the speakers without sharing some data about myself and my usage. I'm no longer happy to be in that relationship with them. How do I delete my account? The speakers are going on craigslist.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 4 November 2018, 21:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do a factory reset of each unit and alll info on them will be gone. And you can hide yourself back in your tin foil tent.
Sonos has publicly stated they do not and never will sell your data. Public statements such as these come under the jurisdiction of the FTC, and companies are subject to investigation and large fines if they are found to be in violation of their own privacy policies. So if your worries are that they are making money selling your data, your worries are for naught.
To answer your initial question: there is afaik no method to have your Sonos user account deleted other than contacting Sonos support by phone or email/postal letter.
Is the only way to delete my Sonos account to call (telephone) Sonos? There is currently greater than 30 minute when you call tech support. No one should have to wait that long to delete an account.
Anyone have a suggestion on how to delete my account without having to wait on the phone more than 30 minutes to get a tech support rep?
Anyone have a suggestion on how to delete my account without having to wait on the phone more than 30 minutes to get a tech support rep?

PM a Sonos rep here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
While one of our staff here can assist with deleting an account on the Community, you'll have to contact the support team directly to delete a Sonos account. If you have an active system registered to that account, there are some extra steps, but you can email the team as opposed to calling. Please note, during the holidays our support team is usually pretty busy, so emails will take longer than a call, but they'll get to you as soon as possible.
Anyone at Sonos heard of the General Data Protection Regulations in the EU? How is it reasonable to require me to phone you and I can't find an email address. I was miseld into giving you my personal data to try to get your device working and now that I realise wireless isn't the same as Bluetooth I want it all deleted. Perhaps you'd prefer if complained directly to the Information Commissioners Office.
Anyone at Sonos heard of the General Data Protection Regulations in the EU? How is it reasonable to require me to phone you and I can't find an email address. I was miseld into giving you my personal data to try to get your device working and now that I realise wireless isn't the same as Bluetooth I want it all deleted. Perhaps you'd prefer if complained directly to the Information Commissioners Office.

As stated in the post right above yours, you can contact Sonos via the following options and they will be happy to delete your account information. No need for threats.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact/contact-options%23