Answered

Has S2 increased the 65K track limit for Music Library?

• 8 June 2020
  • 3 replies

EDIT: My indexing has just finished with an error saying there’s not enough space. So I guess that question has been answered. A real shame, as backwards-compatibility was often the reason given for not increasing the index size.

OK, S2 has now hit the streets and the question that’s been on everyone’s lips (well, mine and and maybe a couple of other people!) is…

Has the 65K track limit been increased now?

Ever since Sonos removed the http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1400/status/tracks_summary screen it’s been impossible for users to see their index size without going through support.

I’m currently reindexing mine to see, but it’s kinda tricky to spot missing tracks when the collection is that large!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 8 June 2020, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

S2 is only a few hours in.  Sonos never said that every feature they couldn’t do because of older product tech limitations would be implemented with the first release.  I’m thinking just the S1/S2 split with the 3 new product releases a day later may actually be biting off more then they can chew for the support staff.

S2 is only a few hours in.  Sonos never said that every feature they couldn’t do because of older product tech limitations would be implemented with the first release.  I’m think just the S1/S2 split with the 3 new product releases a day later may actually be biting off more then they can chew for the support staff.

But, but… I want it NOW (stamps feet like an angry child) :grinning:

In all seriousness, that’s a valid point. I’ll be patient and see what the future brings.

Plus remember, Sonos had to shift gears in the middle of development in order to set up continuing support for S1 after the initial announcement created all the uproar.  Ditto for the removal of the “recycling” mode.  It would not surprise me if that shift in concentration put some S2 features on hold.