Answered

Getting crazy

• 9 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi i have bought a arc , and i have tried trueplay whit iPhone 11 and a 6 . I Think that my Old playbar is murst better for musik that the arc is , shoud new not be better , a nother thing is the s ore t is very harsh and it is very inoring to Sound to , is Sonos cumming whit a new opdate to fix this , 

Sorry my english 

icon

Best answer by Bernado 12 January 2021, 00:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Pilsman

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

Trueplay measures how sound reflects off walls, furnishings, and other surfaces in a room, then fine-tunes your Sonos speaker to make sure it sounds great no matter where you've placed it.

To help you out with this, allow me to ask a few questions to isolate the issue.

It would be great if you can submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and provide us the confirmation number in your response for us to check.

If you need help with any other information, Please be sure to let us know.

Hi i have tried all of there things and yes it is opdateret, it’s the s and t’s that Sounds harsh , and i Think ist to bright here is the diagonostistic Number 81680908 and thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Pilsman

Thanks for your response and for submitting the diagnostic.  Upon checking the report, an audio dropout in your due to sync errors was detected in your Sonos system. Also, your speakers have been up for 30 days.

To help you out with this, let me suggest the next troubleshooting to refresh the connection of your network and your Sonos devices.

1. Sequential reboot and needs to be performed in order
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
  2. Retune your speaker
    • Before re-tuning, consider the following tips to ensure that Trueplay yields the best sound for your speaker
    • Reduce background noise
    • Cover as much area as possible
    • Moving your iOS device
    • Do not adjust the volume on your Sonos speakers

If you're still having the same issue, I recommend contacting our phone support team to further look into this or possible product replacement. Our phone support team is closed during weekends but you may reach them from Monday through Friday, 9 am - 5 pm GMT. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. 

Ok thanks i Will trye that 

so there is none blown speakers in the arc ore none working speakers in the Unit ?

what iPhone model is best to due the trueplay on the arc , i Can read there is a difrent in Sound in what iPhone you youse 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I agree the Playbar does sound better for music so I doubt your Arc is defective, this is just how it sounds.

Many like it, others like you and I don’t.

Yes i am disapointed of the arc , i Think if you bye a new model it shot be better than the Old model , the one Think that could make the arc  better and that it  if is not so brigth for musik and more dynamik in Sound , i have a sub but the Old soundbar was just better for musik , and trueplay dont fix this problem

Userlevel 7

Keep in mind the Sonos Arc is primarily a home theater speaker designed to give you a more immersive audio experience when watching TV and movies. Sonos’ best speaker designed for listening to music is the Sonos Five.

I know , but playbar could bouth , i hope there comes a software opdate to fix the harsnes that i have when someone speak s og t’es that Sound harsh , and musik to bright .