Eversolo DMP 8 connection to SONOS AMP?

Hi - I noticed a small chat on this topic, however I’m not sure what the outcome / solution was?

Has anyone successfully connected the EVERSOLO DMP A8 Music Streamer / DAC / Pre-Amp to a SONOS AMP either via HDMI or other outputs from the DMP A8 to the Sonos AMP?

Please help…I can’t be the only one wondering about this?

Thanks. 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Drewsa, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The Sonos Amp would need a HDMI-ARC signal from the DMP-A8 which it wont be able to provide. Looking up the specs of the DMP-A8, it has a digital in port for HDMI-ARC but not a digital out port. However, it does have analogue L/R out which you can wire to the Sonos Amp’s Line-In. This would be the only way to connect these two devices taking into consideration the inputs and outputs of both devices.

If it’s just to integrate this device to your Sonos system and you don’t have any passive speakers to wire to the Sonos Amp, then I would instead recommend the Sonos Port as the line-in works the same on both the Amp and Port.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks Jamie. So my Sonos Amp is currently wired to 4 passive Sonos In Ceiling Speakers.

So, I could add the Eversolo DMP A8 to a Sonos Port. Is that your suggestion? And then listen in any room to the DMP A8? 

Thanks, Peter

No, that suggestion is only if you do not have a Sonos Amp, to save money and buy a Port. Since you have an Amp, the line in jacks on it should be wired to the analog outputs of the DMP, you don’t need a Port.

Thanks so much Kumar.

Would this seem like an odd combination then?

Connecting the Eversolo DMP A8 to the Sonos Amp via Analog line in? 

i.e. using a Porsche with 2nd Hand tyres?? 

Not quite, but you are running a redundancy here because the Sonos Amp is also a streamer and will deliver the same music as the Eversolo will, of the same sound quality. 

You are using the Eversolo because you think it looks cooler and probably has some more features/connectivity options.

You are also using the Sonos Amp because you want to hear the Eversolo output on other Sonos speakers at home; else you could discard the Sonos Amp.

If you wanted just the album art display, you could do what I do - wire an Echo Show 8 to the line in jacks of the Amp and command the Echo to play Spotify, for example. You just need to score an older model of the Show 5/8 that has the needed line out jack.

Ok! 

What I love about the Eversolo DMP A8 is it also is a DAC and can rip CD’s with amazing audio quality and extend the internal storage.

Could you recommend another component that does everything the Eversolo DMP A8 can do? 

Thanks so much! 

I erred; you need an Amp between passive speakers and the Eversolo because it does not have an amp inside it. So the Port would not work.

But it need not be a Sonos Amp unless you also wanted to hear the music on other Sonos kit. So I was partially correct.

Eversolo does look interesting; I would have added it to my set up except that it costs a bomb!

But if you have one/can afford one, it sounds a good thing and when wired to the Sonos Amp, will give you best of all worlds, I should think.

If you haven’t bought one already, won’t the A6 do just as well for less for you?

Look for just the extra features you get; most of the talk on the net about sound quality differentials between Sonos/A6/A8 are just hype.

I know…it costs a bomb, but I’m not sure the A6 has the CD ripping function or as much functionality as the A8? As you say, the A8 just looks like a really cool kit! 

I haven’t bought the A8 yet, but seriously considering it, however before I make the plunge, I wanted to check compatability with Sonos / Sonos AMP etc…as I LOVE Sonos, but don’t want to be buying an ‘expensive’ component if it doesnt ‘speak’ with Sonos!?

OMG - I now erred 😆

The A6 does have CD ripping / storage!

You have made my day…and saved me almost AUD $2000!!!

Thank You!!! 😆🎉🎉

No worries, you can now go have a beer!

As I said, the Eversolo seems to have done a good job with a very slick UI and feature set; just make sure it has good in country after sales including warranty support that is deserved for the price asked.

as I LOVE Sonos, but don’t want to be buying an ‘expensive’ component if it doesnt ‘speak’ with Sonos!?

Any source component that has RCA line level output jacks will speak with any Sonos units that has audio input jacks; analog is just voltages and is not tied down by any proprietary protocols at either end.

🍻🍻💜