Skip to main content

Here’s my setup:

living room: two Sonos ERA 100 stereo with a sub

dining room: ERA 300 with a sub

The problem is that when I pair the sub with the 300, the sub HPF filter automatically neuters the 300. I don’t want this.

I haven’t checked the settings for a while. Questions (and I only use these for music, not for HT):

• Is it possible to change the filter in the ERA 300 to allow the unit to go deeper and/provide double bass?
  • Is there still a limitation where you can’t connect 2 subs to a Sonos room if used just for music?

Are you saying even if the Sub is bonded to the 300 and not a soundbar the bonding disables the front driver of the 300?  Or is your complaint the sub takes too much low frequency from the 300?

Are you saying even if the Sub is bonded to the 300 and not a soundbar the bonding disables the front driver of the 300?  Or is your complaint the sub takes too much low frequency from the 300?

Latter. Sub takes too much low frequency

Don’t know if Trueplay, where you wave your phone around like a crazy person, works with the combination of one 300 and one sub, but you could try that.  The Sonos EQ settings are definitely weak.

Don’t know if Trueplay, where you wave your phone around like a crazy person, works with the combination of one 300 and one sub, but you could try that.  The Sonos EQ settings are definitely weak.

When you enable the sub with the 300 a LPF filter is enabled. I am not sure what the frequency is (80? 100? 120? Hz) but you can’t change it. It really neuters the strong 300 LF performance.