Answered

DolbyAtmos in my new Sonos Arc

• 23 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Some question about my Sonos Arc  and Netflix.I am writing fron Spain.

When in a movie appears the DolbyAtmos symbol, doesnt means that I can hear the movie in DA?

I would have to choose in the different languages, the one in “dolbyatmos”? In my case, in Spanish DolbyAtmos? If not is available in my language, then the sound will be in Dolby Digital even the logo is in the movie presentation?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 July 2021, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

In order to hear atmos audio, the streaming service (netflix) has to be atmos, the streaming device (firetx, roku, internal TV app) has to be atmos capable, and the TV itself has to be capable of passing through atmos content.  I would check the  audio settings on your TV first.  What model is your TV? Are you using the HDMI-ARC connection?

I believe the audio codec usually shows in the Netflix App next to the language - see screenshot from my TV’s Netflix App

If you want to quickly check the type of playing audio - then open the Sonos App and select the room playing the movie and look on the "now playing” screen, it will show you the current audio-In to the Arc.