Skip to main content
Answered

Connection Issues: Beam Gen 2 and Ray Offline, Seeking Solutions

• 20 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I am experiencing problems with a large part of my Sonos system since yesterday. The issue is that both the Sonos Beam Gen 2 with Sub and the Sonos Ray have stopped working. They disappeared from the system, meaning they went offline, and are not responding. I have tried to add them back, factory reset them, and delete the entire Sonos system before adding them again. When I re-add them, Ray came online again but disappeared after a few hours. The only speaker that is still online is Era 100, which works as normal.

All the products are about half a year old. I can also add that they have a good signal strength from the router, so that shouldn't be the problem. I have also tried connecting the Beam with an Ethernet cable, but that didn't work either.

Has anyone experienced the same, and what is the solution?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi there @SanderK , thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the reported issues, can I first confirm whether the issues are still occurring? From our side, checking on your account I see that a Beam gen 2 and Ray appear to be online at the moment. If you are still experiencing issues then please let me know, and as a side note I would advise against factory resetting Sonos products as a troubleshooting step in future as it usually just draws out the troubleshooting process.

Hi,

The problem seems to have resolved itself. It ended with me also factory resetting the router again and the fiber box, and the internet service provider sent out a forced update to the boxes. From the troubleshooting, it seemed that there were some issues with 5GHz possibly causing interference with 2.4GHz when the router was running on dual-band.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi, thanks for the reply. Glad to hear everything is working again! Please let us know if there is anything else in the future.