Question

can’t clear sonos queue in new app

Userlevel 3

Hi,

i have just downloaded the updated version of the app. Does anyone know how to clear a queue in the new app version?

Many thanks

nick

59 replies

I hope someone has an answer.

If you go into your favorites, services, or Playlist, click on the one you want, tap the three dot button and there is a replace queue option.

Userlevel 2

How about simply editing queue? That was key feature 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Had the app 2 mins and this is already very annoying 

Userlevel 3

And what about swipe actions in the queue list?

Even the three dots won’t let you do such simple things as „remove from queue“.

Sonos, are you kidding me?

This makes the app completely useless for my use case 😡

Userlevel 2

Clear queue, and Play In Another Room ---i need them back!!!! These are vital functions for how I use Sonos. 

App updates should not reduce functionality, as a rule. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you are on Android I suggest uninstalling the new app, use one of the mirrors sites to download the apk from March. 

No ability to clear or edit queues, can't access my local NAS library.

The new app is a joke

Userlevel 1

Can I roll back to the old app until the queue issue is resolved.  I use and Iphone and spent way to much time on the new app only to find the features have been removed. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Giftd1 you can roll back on android I believe be side-loading. Unfortunately if you are an iOS user you are screwed as it seems it seems that Sonos are too arrogant to admit their mistakes and roll back the app.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the udpate that is to bad, I love the product and I get they want to update and continue to develope.  But in the interim they should either post and update quickly or roll back, I use the product almost daily and it certainly has created an incovience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

How about simply editing queue? That was key feature 

You can’t do anything with the queue. It’s their most ambitious software update yet!

Userlevel 1

PLEASE FIX : CLEAR THE QUEUE and EDITING THE QUEUE!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Why do Sonos hate their customers so much? (And how on Earth did I allow auto updates?)

It's been a long day/week, I just want to play music on the hifi system I spent a lot of money on.

A complete redesign that I didn't ask for, no doubt to make it easier to turn it into a shop front.

And now it can't even do stuff that my first Sonos in 2006 could do - clear the queue! Seriously what's wrong with these people?

Honestly, just when the dust settles and life with Sonos becomes manageable they pull another stunt to remind me that it was a bad idea sticking with them but a pain to replace a 7-room system with something better.

Anyway sorry for the rant. If someone has a link to the old version that would be great. I should have disconnected this entire system from the Internet years ago.

Userlevel 3

This is maddening!

Who the he** let this update out into the world?

PLEASE Sonos, roll back until you have something properly tested to release! 

Can I roll back to the old app until the queue issue is resolved.  I use and Iphone and spent way to much time on the new app only to find the features have been removed. 

Hi,

i have just downloaded the updated version of the app. Does anyone know how to clear a queue in the new app version?

Many thanks

nick

I’m wondering the same thing

Please tell us how to clear your queue

You can clear the Sonos queues using the Desktop App - available here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can't in the app, desktop or web controller only.

If you are on Android uninstall the new app and download the last one from March on any of the APK mirror sites 

I don't know how to do that. I'm 68.

Userlevel 3
Badge

What a complete and utter joke. So far I'm not impressed at all.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I very much doubt the product manager at Sonos even considered your existence to be honest.

I'm not exactly young at 50, which means I still carry old fashioned notions in my head like being able to buy a product and then being left alone to enjoy using it.

Sonos, if I want a new app I'll come to you and ask for it. Otherwise, keep your hands off my hi-fi system please!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I found this thread which may help:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-and-music-services-229131/reinstall-old-app-on-android-and-get-access-to-your-alarms-again-6892530?postid=16723571#post16723571

Ive downloaded the new app on I phone. Unable to clear the queue.

How do I do this please

Ive downloaded the new app on I phone. Unable to clear the queue.

How do I do this please

Perhaps see the previous posts above, some explain/give options that may allow you to do this.

The new app is awful

I can confirm that using the MacOS desktop app can clear the queue. And agree, the iOS app is full of bugs and poorly designed.