Question

Bell Canada Sagemcom 5689e router issue

I brought my 2 play 1 and play bar to my new house with a new bell sagemcom 5689e router and bought 3 era 100 to complete the set 

now, every time I loose power ( which happens weekly here ) my system doesn’t reconnect 

ive wired one play 1 to the router and it reconnects after a reboot the older models but not the Era 100

ive spent countless hours on the phone with Sonos and nothing to do 

contacted Bell and they don’t want to change my router 

I cannot factory reset my eras every week , it doesn’t make sense ! 

any advices or tricks ? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Go to your router’s DHCP settings page and assign all Sonos devices a static/reserved IP address.

Power down all Sonos, reboot the router, power up the Sonos.

That has helped a large number of folks with power failure or update related issues avoid them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The reason the Era’s do not reconnect is that they are not on the Sonosnet the older models set up when connecting one device by cable.

The reason the Era’s do not reconnect is that they are not on the Sonosnet the older models set up when connecting one device by cable.

What’s the solution?  I have a client who is having this exact same issue.  All Bell fiber customers are being forced to the new Sagecom router (Bell Giga Hub) and it has been nothing but problems.

Edit:  Sonos support confirmed their is a known issue with this model of router and they are “working on a fix” with Sagecom (aka “good luck”).