Answered

Auto Update

• 20 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hey Sonos Team!

We really need an auto-update feature! I work with 300+ rental properties in Park City, UT, and whenever you push out an update, it automatically updates on everyones phones (iOS & Android), but when guests check-in to a rental, the Sonos equipment at the property doesn't let them play music until they update the Sonos first. Kind of frustrating, hopefully you can help!

Thanks,

Andrew

AB Tech
Park City | UT
801-432-0263
abtech.io
icon

Best answer by Keith N 15 November 2017, 21:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hey, ablackwell! I'd be happy to forward this feature request to the team. This is quite the balance puzzle of convenience and support. Sometimes updates have to remove support for devices or operating systems, which makes this a tricky question to tackle. Thanks for the feedback.
Badge
I agree. Please put me and on the feature request. It's frustrating enough that the controller on both Windows and worse on iOS is slow to load, takes more than three clicks to really get anywhere you want to go, clunky UX,etc. (which why I rolled my own and occasionally using the (limited) web based one from github).
Lots of ways to solve the auto update feature. I don't see what the big technical blockers are, just time and money. (if Sonos wants help, I'd be happy to join the team for and set the stage 🙂 ).