Answered

Arc placement with LG CX.

• 12 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Question #1:  The bottom of my LG CX 55” set’s screen is only 1 and 5/8 inches from the surface, so obviously I need to raise it to place the ARC in front of it.  In trying to figure out how much to raise it, how much distance should there be between the top of the ARC and the bottom of the TV screen?

Question #2:  What is the maximum distance recommended between the bottom of the TV screen and the top of the ARC to maintain a sense that the sound is coming from the mouths of the characters speaking on the TV?

Thanks,

Brian

icon

Best answer by Simon B 12 September 2020, 20:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @bgreig, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your concern on the Sonos Arc placement. The Arc requires a minimum of 5.5 inches on the front and sides of it, with at least 2 inches between the backside of Arc and the TV when in a tabletop orientation. If wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc.

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 2

Thanks. So just to be clear (tabletop placement):

5.5” between the top of the ARC and the bottom of the TV screen and 2” between the back of the ARC and the front edge of the TV?

Brian

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @bgreig, thanks for the update. About the Arc placement:

• Place horizontally on a stable and level surface.

• Keep 4.0" (102 mm) space (minimum) between the top of Sonos Arc and the bottom of your TV (if placing Arc below the TV).

• Don’t place vertically or on its side.

• Make sure the touch controls are facing up.

• For best sound quality, keep both ends of Arc at least 1' (30cm) from a wall or other obstruction.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 2

Perfect!  Just what I needed.

One last question:  Is there a maximum distance for between the top of the ARC and the bottom of the TV? (I have an option of placing it on a shelf under the TV).

thanks,

Brian

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @bgreig, thanks for the update. To answer your question. The maximum would be around 7”- 9” between the top of the Sonos Arc and the bottom of your TV. but advice would be minimum of 4” if below the TV.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 2

I notice the ARC is not exactly flat on the bottom and so can be physically rocked a little when placed on the flat surface. This is proper isn’t it? I am not missing some “feet” or something am I?

Here is the installation. The Top of the ARC is 8”  slow the bottom of the TV screen.

i sincerely appreciate your attention and promptness in replying to my inquiries.  

Userlevel 2

Oops! Had it upside down. Just realized that SONOS looks the same whichever side is up!

i found the flat side!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @bgreig, thanks for the update. About your question, the light in front and on the middle should be on top for the right placement of the Sonos Arc.

The Sonos community is always here to help.