Skip to main content
Question

App Update 80.xx.xx - cant even get the new app to intpstall

• 18 May 2024
  • 0 replies

Like 1,000s of others the new mobile app upgrade is a disaster.  Amazingly unprofessional.  That said I can’t get even back to the app working at all - forget about playlists, searching, smbv1, etc.

in a naive effort to fix the app I uninstalled the app for my iOS device (iPad) and recycled my sonos ports, and double checked I wasn’t running smbv1.  Attempted to reinstall the iOS app - prompted me through the steps - I enabled Bluetooth, location tracking, and local networking but app won’t load - fails when I search for existing system ( it is there and the windows pc app found it when I installed it after the trouble with the iOS app).

the iOS app states it can’t access the local network but I do have that enabled.  I can’t find existing sonos setup,or add a new device (I was just going to start over and add my ports - but I can’t do that).

the ports are on the network and have ip addresses and the windows app version did find them but the iOS updated app is fubar.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.