Will we be able to change the wake word on Sonos One soon?

• 17 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
If not, can I return mine? Purchased in december. I have a daughter named Alexi soooooo, this isn't going to work. I had wrongly assumed Sonos One with Alexa would have the same functionality of other Alexa products. I love my other Sonos devices but this one is pretty much useless to me if I can't change the wake word.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
We don't know ... we do know that it has been several months now of the beta skill and we should be getting soon some updates.
Have a very similar issue so may have to return mine as well.
I also vote for wake word change functionality in the next update.
I have multiple Alexa units in the house and they are all have wake word Computer. It can be tricky when one has a few Sonos One as well and then have to remember to call it Alexa instead of Computer. The name Alexa often gets triggered when watching TV, listening to radio etc..very annoying and not being able to change the wake word is frustrating.
My daughter is named Alyssa and that always triggers my Sonos Ones, so I've had to disable the microphone on all 4 of mine as well. 😞 Really need to be able to change the wake word. Is this a limitation on Sonos's side or Amazon's?