Question

Will the Amazon Alexa Remote work with the Sonos ones?

• 21 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi folks,

Looking to get Amazon Alexa remote towork with my Sonos ones. Anyone done this and did it work ok?

Thanks, Mark.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Remote!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Do you mean something like the Amazon Fire TV remote? If so, then yes I can control my Sonos players using the remote.
Badge
I've just setup my 2 new Sonos Ones. I have an Alexa Voice Remote (like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01GP0NLPE/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item) which I have used previously on an Echo. I do not have the option within the Alexa app to add the remote to the Sonos One, only to Echos and Echo Dots. How is it possible to add the remote to the Sonos One please?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You should be able to use the Voice button without any set-up, just include the Room name in the command: 'Alexa, Play soft jazz on Kitchen'. I've not been able to get the other buttons to work.
Badge
Okay, thanks. I wanted it for the volume controls mainly. Another disappointment with the One.